We are delighted to share this Equity Market Update for Q1 from our friends at Beauhurst.
It makes for interesting reading – highlights as follows:
- A record £8.79b invested into private UK companies during Q1 2022, across 769 rounds—no change in deal volume from Q1 last year, but a 58% increase in deal value
- London received 61% of all pounds invested during the quarter
- Seed-stage startups were the only group to see a decline in amount raised since Q4 2021, despite a 21% increase in the number of deals secured
- Fintech continued to dominate, while cleantech took 26p in every £1 invested
- More gigadeals (£100m+) were raised in Q1 2022 than in the whole of 2020